5 Tips for Summer Dining
Who wants to talk about broccoli and carrots at this time of year? How about a way to minimize the blow out during the silly season while enjoying time with friends and family?
Here are 5 tips to keep you on track over the coming weeks.
Consider two entree dishes
- Order two entree meals instead of entree and main. This way you still enjoy the social aspect of eating with friends and/or clients but opt for a smaller portion of food.
- Have a goal going into the meal e.g. how many drinks you are going to have;
- Choose sparkling water with fresh lime over alcohol
Look to protein and salad/veggie options
- Order grilled or baked meats / poultry / fish with a side of fresh or steamed veggies rather than hot chips or heavy carbs
- Have a protein dense breakfast on the days you know you are dining out for lunch
Avoid bread as a starter
- Fill up on some side salad or a side of veggies as a starter
and of course, remember to:
- You will digest the meal better and it gives you more of an opportunity to register that you are full
Have a happy and safe festive season and I look forward to seeing you all back at Core Principles in 2021.
- Hits: 192