4 Day Media Blackout Challenge
OK, so no one I know loves a lock down. I’m talking to a lot of members, friends and family and many of the converstions are dominated by anger, fear, gloom, frustration, dismay….
The thing is, if this information makes you feel more empowered, informed, secure, keep with it!
Otherwise, our “4 Day Media Blackout Challenge” is for you!
ENTRY IS FREE
EVERYONE IS WELCOME
PRIZES FOR 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD PLACE!
It’s simple!! All you need to do is:
Eliminate (or at least substantially reduce) your consumption of rubbish, negative media!!
Here are the rules. Until 11.59pm Sunday 25th of July:
YOU CAN NOT:
- Watch government press conferences
- Watch TV news
- Read the newspaper
- Read any COVID related news on Social Media
- Engage in lengthy conversations with overly negative people (unless they need your help and you can steer them toward the positive!)
- Pick up the phone and call a friend
- Talk to your family
- Do an online class/PT
- Grab the dog and go for a walk (just stick to the rules etc)
- Grab a human and go for a walk/run/ride (you choose, just stick to the rules etc)
- Grab a book and read (nothing negative, no disaster books or anything related to pandemics…got it?)
- Learn how to meditate
- Cook yummy, healthy stuff
- Every time you find yourself consuming any COVID news, or anything else negative, you must own up publicly here on this blog
- For every minute you slip, you must complete a minimum of 10 minutes of meditation (I’m using a ratio of 1:10!)
- You will mimimise discussions with anyone who is likely to want to convince you that the world is ‘stuffed’. Sure, we have some challenges but humans are smart, good overcomes evil and we’re going to sort it out – I promise!
Everyone has one of those rubber wrist bands. If not, a simple rubber band will do. Pop it onto your wrist. EVERY TIME YOU CATCH YOURSLEF BEING/FEELING/SOUNDING NEGATIVE, give that band a good pull/flick to snap yourself out of it! It’s a nice physical reminder that you can control your thoughts…give it a go!
- First prize goes to everyone who can go 4 days without consuming any rubbish, negative media!
- Second prize goes to everyone who was able to ‘substantially’ reduce their consumption of rubbish, negative media!
- Third prize goes to anyone who entertained the idea of reducing their consumption of rubbish, negative media, gave it a go but kept up with a normal consumption of rubbish, negative media…BUT felt guilty about it and promises to try harder next time (OK, yes, it’s a case of ‘everyone gets a ribbon’!).
WHAT DO YOU WIN?
1st, 2nd and 3rd place holders all win:
- Improved relationships with those who matter
- More friends who actually pick up the phone when you call
- Better sleep, improved mood
- An enhanced ability to deal with the challenges you will undoubtably face
Has there ever been a better Challenge? Are you in?
- Hits: 139