Low Carb Chocolate and Peanut Squares
Finding yourslef snopoing around the pantry more often than you like? Craving comfort food? Well, if you're going to have something indulgent and you have some time up your sleeve, this recipe will satisfy any chocolate craving!
WARNING: These are very yummy and you need to exercise some control!!
Chocolate and peanut butter are meant for each another. Here, they’re presented in perfect harmony with some toasted nuts on top for crunchiness!
- 100 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids
- 4 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 ml peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (3 g) liquorice powder or ground cinnamon or ground cardamom (green)
- 60 ml salted peanuts, finely chopped
- Melt chocolate and butter or coconut oil in the microwave oven or in a double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler you can put a glass bowl on top of a pot of steaming water. Make sure that the water doesn't reach the bowl. The chocolate will melt from the heat of the steam. Set the melted chocolate aside to cool for a few minute before proceeding with the next step.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the nuts and blend until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a small greased baking dish lined with parchment paper (no bigger than 4x6 inches).
- Top with finely chopped peanuts. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- When the batter is set, cut into small squares with a sharp knife. Remember, keep these and all treats small — no more than a 1x1 inch square. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Hits: 36