Easy Pot Spiralli With Chicken and Capsicum
Looking for a quick, mid week, healthy and low calorie dinner which will keep the whole family happy? Use your favourite pot to put together this whole-grain spirali pasta meal in just 35 minutes! For best results, use small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or cut large chicken breasts horizontally into thinner pieces.
- 3 cups (710 ml) low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons (30g) no-salt added tomato paste
- 4 cups (12 ounces/340g) dry whole-grain spirali pasta
- 1/4 cup (27g) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 small (6 ounce/170g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 2 cups (440 ml) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesan cheese, shredded
In the pot of an electric pressure cooker, whisk together the broth and tomato paste until the tomato paste is dissolved. Add the pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Stir to combine. Place the bell peppers on top of the pasta. Season the chicken with the garlic seasoning and place on top of the pasta mixture, do not stir.
Lock on the lid, select the Manual/Pressure Cook function. Adjust to high pressure and set timer for 4 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is in the “sealing” position.
When the cooking time is up, carefully quick-release the pressure.
Unlock the lid and transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board. Slice the meat into bite-size pieces and return them to the pot. Add the spinach and cheese and stir to wilt the spinach. Serve immediately.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 407; Total Fat: 11.2g; Saturated Fat: 2.5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g; Cholesterol: 78.6mg; Sodium: 707mg; Carbohydrate: 66.6g; Dietary Fiber: 10g; Sugar: 4.1g; Protein: 48.5g
- Hits: 80